Monday, May 08, 2006

Verbal Shmerbal

Today was my first day of my new study schedule and it went relatively well. I studied during my lunch break at Starbucks, but was intermittently distracted by an obnoxious couple yielding a disposable camera. But I managed to chug through the sentence correction despite the smooching and photo snapping. At home I finished up the reading comprehension. On my bed. Which wasn't the best idea, because my bed is practically a giant white goose and pretty damn comfortable. But besides falling asleep for 20 minutes, I think I studied well. Tomorrow I'll try Borders.

I realized I probably need to stop glossing over words whose definition I'm not 100% certain of. I need to actually write them down and look them up later and stop guessing from the context. So today I've confirmed the meanings of four words I've previously just made assumptions about, and that feels good. But I'm embarassed to reveal them here. I swear that they're like, big words, with a bunch of syllables and stuff. :)

I've now gotten through the verbal section, scoring at about 80-85% correct on the sample questions in the book. I haven't taken any adaptive computer tests yet, but I plan to do that this Saturday (and every Saturday morning from now on). I imagine I'll do much better on the math since math is relatively fresh in my mind from college and from the scattered SAT tutoring I've done in the past few years.

That's all that's new on the studying front.

P.S. I'm currently using the general Kaplan GMAT book, and I've got the GMAT 800 and the Official Guide books in queue.

2 comments:

FooBarMe said...

The best way to prepare for GMAT is keep the study schedule..best of luck for your GMAT!!

Unknown said...

YEah, I have the OG in line as well.