Friday, May 05, 2006

GMAT, I shall own your ass!

I finally set a date for my GMAT--late July. I did manage to get some verbal studying done during an unexpected (emergency) trip to Salt Lake City two weeks ago. Unfortunately after getting back to Los Angeles I was a little disoriented, and the trip to Vegas a few days after didn't help (but I did finally get over my fear of in-person poker). Now, I'm ready and motivated, and my study-buddy and I have officially forked out the $250, so it's time for me to get into gear!

I decided to go as early as possible with my date because I needed an additional month to re-take the exam (if neccessary) and then a good two months or so before first round deadlines. Although I haven't been hardcore studying just yet, the added pressure of it being nearby will only be good for me, I think. I'm probably overestimating my motivation with the following schedule I've set, but better I aim high while it's still early:

Monday-Wednesday: 2-3 hours in the pm
Saturday: 4 hours in the am
Sunday: 4 hours in the am

I'm sure this will require some major tweaking within my first week. As for where to study, I will attempt to try borders, where tea and coffee flow endlessly and there are fewer things to distract me. Borders was my roommate's study zone of choice and he scored a 730, so I figure it's worth a try...

800, here I come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are in it together.

Forrest Gump said...

Susan -

It was a pleasant surprise to see my blog linked up even before I visited your blog.

Good Luck on your GMAT, I have come to believe that it is a game, and with a little bit of intelligence and a decent amount of stamina(to sit through those 4 hrs), you can crack that exam. So good luck.

F

Benny said...

Good luck!