Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Whatever doesn't kill me....

The flea situation seems to be in control, though I have a feeling that the war is far from over. There is no lower life form on earth than the flea. Yet they seem to be rather advanced little parasites. Did you know they could detect CO2, vibrations on the ground, and body heat so that they know when to emerge from their little disgusting cocoons? I think I can now write a fucking book on fleas and pesticides.

On the GMAT front, I took a GMATPrep test and scored a 710. Hooray! All is not lost, after all. Snot-filled and flea-ridden, I will conquer this test, so help me god.

Now while I can't exactly dispense any advice given that I haven't taken the real test yet, I do want to mention that while I started early (April), I realize now that I didn't make the best of my study time. I was intent on getting through all my prep books, so I just charged through problems everyday and read the solutions for my incorrect answers. While this exposed me to hundreds and hundreds of gmat questions, I never really sat down and really reviewed/memorized math formulas, idioms, methods to tackle specific types of problems. I figured I would save this for the last month, which I did. Now that I've reviewed thoroughly, I find myself successfully solving quant problems more efficiently (duh). And I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier. So in other words: Sounds obvious, but don't just do the problems--study them and their solutions in depth. Slow and steady!

Less than 7 days to go.

2 comments:

atypical HBS said...

well they say the GmatPrep is an accuract predictor of how one will do on the actual exam, so you will score high.
Good luck.

MBABlogger said...

I guess it is less than 4 days to go now :) Good Luck!!