Thursday, July 20, 2006

bitch, bitch, whine, whine

Why is it that all the things that have been bothering me over the course of 2006 are now back in my head, fighting for me to spend all my brain power agonizing over them? Why now, when the GMAT is a few days away? Is it that I’d rather be thinking about my aging parents’ health, my unyielding crush on an impractical someone, my financial woes, my uptight new trainee at work, my lack of general direction in life, my overall unhappiness—than be perusing through another prep book? Perhaps, but whatever the cause, it is not putting me in a studying mood.

I know, I know--I will get a grip. My troubles will always be there waiting for me, but the GMAT is at hand. I just needed to blog about it, I guess. It’s lunchtime. My math flashcards and iced americano await me at Starbucks.

1 comment:

Rico's Mom said...

Ugghhh I feel your pain! At least you have the drive to study at a lunch break...I instead am reading blogs and entertainment on line since I can't concentrate worth beans adn don't want to be wondering about what the hell I'd doing with my life! Good luck. When do you take the exam? Mine is less than three short weeks away! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!