Thursday, July 13, 2006

panic!

I decided on a whim to take a Kaplan CAT test yesterday (my second), and did poorly. Much worse than my diagnostic test. I pray this is not reflective of how I will do on my actual test day (which is approaching rapidly!!). The room temperature (freezing--but I didn't want to sacrifice time to turn the a/c off), time of day (late afternoon, after work), my nerves, and my inexperience with doing problems on a screen all help to account for the low score. Or, maybe I'm just a mediocre working stiff loser who doesn't deserve to go to B school. Ha...ha...joking. I think. But I do feel discouraged. Especially since I've been doing so well on the problems in my prep books.

Oh well, at least I learned first-hand a few things about test day (that i should have already known): dress warmly/comfortably, get a good night's sleep/a few hours of relaxing, and calm the fuck down.

Hardcore (and I mean HARRRRD) studying/reviewing begins 07.17.06. Uh, after a short stint in Las Vegas, that is. :)

3 comments:

Mike said...

Telling yourself to "calm down" will just jack the sress level. Before a Calculas II test, I was busy cramming and trying to memorize formulas. A classmate I hardly talked to handed me a comic book and ordered me to "read it, it's too late to cram". He was right. Reading the comic book calmed me down and I did OK on the test...

Suser said...

i didn't mean that i'd literally repeat "calm the fuck down!" to myself :)

but some leisure/fluff reading sounds like a good way to relax. maybe i'll bring an Us Weekly, ha. thanks!

A said...

Look at the positive side of this experience...you have learned 2 great things..1)Have some warm clothes..2) How u react to stress..

main things is not to repeat the same mistakes! All the Best :-)