Thursday, August 31, 2006

the MBA tour

Wow, it's been a month since the GMAT and I've managed to do absolutely nothing. It doesn't help that our home's turned into a frat house--complete with cheap porch furniture, drunken "Guitar Hero" on the Playstation, and a new ping (beer) pong table. I think I stretched my post-GMAT relaxation period a bit too long.

I really only have one issue left when it comes to school selection, and that's whether or not to apply to Haas. I decided to register for the MBA tour that's coming to Los Angeles, but with the endless list of participating b-schools, I wonder if I'll really get anything worthwhile out of it...

Have any fellow bloggers gone to this event? Please share your experience with it :)

www.thembatour.com

5 comments:

Marina said...

I got absolutely nothing from the MBA Tour when I went last year but once I registered I started receiving emails from some random schools telling me that they are going to do some interviews before the event. I sent in my resume and GMAT scores and took advantage of these for future practice. I highly recommend it!

-tvu said...

I got a lot from the MBA tour in Feb, in SF(had to fly there). Only B-schools from Europe were present, but that worked for me because I am only interested in B-schools in Europe. I've already signed up for this event in LA, so I can check out a few other B-schools I'm interested now. I highly recommend it!

Rico's Mom said...

I'm going to the one in San francisco next weekend. I already signed up for a few interviews. I figured it'd be good practice. I actually signed up for the tour a while back and just noticed that there seems to be quite a few schools that have been added to the exhibitor list.

StressTensor said...

I will be attending the event in ATL. I am planning on interviewing with one of the schools that offers this service during the event. Thanks to Marina for the tip.

I also plan on paying extra attention to Michigan and Wharton during this tour as I do not have time to visit these schools before I apply to them.

Hobbes said...

I went for the ones at SFO and Hyderabad, India. Waste of time! There are soooo many ppl out there, that you will hardly get to spk to the ppl. And if you are lucky enuf to get to talk to them, then some irritating characters will butt in with an even more irritating question like "When should I get married if I am apping to your school" or "How can I show diversity in my Goals essay?"

WTF!!!

But as Marina said, they are good to schedule some practice interviews. I too did that with a couple of schools ;-) So from that perspective its worth it. But if you are looking to take a call on Haas, then I sincerely doubt its gonna help.

BTW, what is it abt Haas thats holding you back? Have you visited them yet? I loved it! :)