Saturday, February 10, 2007

Must get it together.

So there I was, patiently enduring the agonizing wait for the decision from school 3, and wondering why it seems that EVERYONE has heard but me. I couldn't take it anymore and I call--only to find out that they never received my transcript from my undergraduate school, and never told me. Now I've reordered two copies (and will have a friend personally walk-in a third), and must wait another 2-6 weeks for a decision. I'm practically an R2 applicant now.

Upon finding this out, I had a breakdown. I'd built up so much anxiety over the past few weeks and had put my life on hold for this decision. I didn't know what to do with myself. But after last night's sorrow-drowning binge on miller lite and cookie crisp (I'm a classy gal), I realized that I really can't go on for the next month being paralyzed with uncertainty.

If I'm rejected, I will reapply. If I get in, I will be joyfully celebrating up until the first day of class.

Until then, I have a few weeks to tackle the other parts of my life that have been neglected. I've challenged myself to a mini-life-makeover/refinement by setting a few goals:
  • Lose the annoying 5 pounds I gained last year
  • Clean my place thorougly and redecorate/refurnish
  • Attend to things I've been putting off: dentist, passport renewal, etc.
  • Mentally divorce self from toxic people
  • Start taking yoga again
  • Finish half-read books in nightstand drawer
  • GO OUT every weekend and stop moping
If I do end up getting dinged after all this---at least I won't be feel flabby, messy, lazy, AND rejected, ha. And thank you to those bloggers who've posted about their reapplication process and who've shot me some encouraging words, I appreciate it. :)

3 comments:

Daniel B. said...

Hey suser,
I've been reading your blog since you started it. And also in the BusinessWeek forums (it happens that you and me have applied to more or less the same schools, so we have ended hanging out at the same BW forums).
So you do not know me, but I am really sorry about the transcript incident!! I will attend to your #2 school, but got dinged in two schools... just relax and wait for your #3 school, you will get it, okay??? best regards from your spanish reader. Go have a good LA night!

leoaueb said...

Dream a dream and it will become true....

However, no matter how much you stress over the "interview-call" won't change anything! Mostly, because you're going to get "the call" anyway! :-)

So, go through all your (nicely put) list and then, when the interview invitation/ admit comes, you'll also have a re-furnished place, a minus 5 pounds figure and a very vivid nightlife!!! :-)

Doesn't sound that bad, does it...? ;-)

PS, I hope your #3 is my admit! :-)

Wifey Sue said...

Keep your head up...and i'll help you with some of the items with your list, including going out EVERY weekend. I'll do my best!