Saturday, November 18, 2006

Theme Songs

I must say I have to highly recommend picking ridiculous, but motivational theme songs throughout the application process. Given the process is so grueling, I suggest having one for each milestone - GMAT, Essay completion, Interview, and of course ACCEPTANCE. Maybe a reflective, encouraging rejection song as well.

so far mine are:
GMAT theme (and celebration dance): Kanye West - Celebration
Interview completion: Fergie - Fergalicious

The more ridiculous, the better! Don't go searching for the right song---just wait and the song will find you. It's quite encouraging and satisfying to sing loudly on your way home, dancing behind the wheel, arms flailing in the car to lyrics like:
I'm Fergalicious (so delicious)
My body stay vicious
I be up in the gym just working on my fitness
He's my witness (oooh wee)
Try it!

P.S. - interview 2 - check!

2 comments:

-tvu said...

You're right! I'm Fergie, I'm fergilious~!...Maybe I should find a song that's gender neutral. hehe

rungee582 said...

Hahaha! I totally jam on my way home from conquering one of the application steps (I even bring my iPod w/ me so I can listen to music on my way back from interviews). Last one was "I'm bringin sexy back... wooop" :)